I was doing my daily facebook troll when I saw pictures one of my friends had been tagged in, of a video shoot, clicked on it, cos I’m nosy like that…and saw a stunning girl (no homo) in a lovely black & white playsuit. From the info on the photo album I gathered it was a shoot in LA for Tiwa Savage and her debut single Kele Kele.
I googled her and got a link to Gidlounge who did a story on her some weeks back, and listened to the song from her they had posted, very catchy tune instantly fell in love with it…very well written and produced…It’s a future hit, yup you heard it here first!
Plus there are a couple of videos on YouTube of her doing acapella versions of the National Anthem and a cover of Whitney Houston’s Jesus Loves Me and home girl has got some pipes on her! JEEZUZ!
Here are some facts:
- She auditioned for X-Factor 3 and made it to the final 24 and boot camp (where she sang Mariah Carey’s Hero, for her place in the competition – unfortunately Sharon Osborne didn’t put her through – her loss.)
- She has a publishing deal with Sony/ATV Publishing
- She’s done backing vocal for years for Mary J Blige, STING, George Michael, Kelly Clarkson and Spice Girls
- She has worked with Fantasia, AKON, Snoop Dogg and Babyface, and is one of the writer’s of Push Push, by Kat Deluna featuring Akon, lead single from Kat’s sophomore release.
- Graduated from the renowned Berklee College of Music in 2007
- Born and bred in Lagos, Nigeria
Very impressive you say….that’s for sure. And I’m sure we are gonna be hearing loads more from her as she is about to release her debut single and launch herself on the Nigerian Music scene with full force.