On Sunday night’s “Classic Man” Naija’s own Jidenna stepped on to the red carpet with a gorgeous woman at the 2016 BET Awards.
Many asked who is she? Is that his sister? His Boo? Her name is Rosalyn Gold-Onwude and they have been dating seriously or three months.
This marked the couple’s public debut as the two sashayed down the carpet together and sat side by side the whole night taking in the show together.
that1960chick.com went digging and we found out some pretty impressive things about the reporter. Check on them after the jump
- Rosalyn is 29 years old.
- Born in New York to Pat Gold and Austin Onwude. Her mother is Russian – Jewish and her dad is Nigerian of the Igbo tribe. #IgboKwenu #ProudlyNaija
- She is 5-foot-10 and plays basketball.
- She is smart cookie! She graduated from Stanford University, with a BA in Communications and a Master’s Degree in Sociology & Business.
- She was and remains Stanford University’s second-leading scorer in the Women’s Basketball division.
- In 2011, she was invited to play basketball for the Nigerian National team in qualifiers for the London Olympics.
- She is currently a basketball analyst who calls games for ESPN, Pac-12 Network and the WNBA’s New York Liberty on MSG. She is also a sideline reporter for the Golden State Warriors.
- NBA players have been trying to boo her up for years but she’s never budged.
- In 2011, she was invited to play basketball for the Nigerian National team
- She won an Emmy for sideline Reporter of the Year in 2015 & 2016 at The 44th Annual Northern California Area Emmy® Awards.
- She is affectionately called “Ros” by friends & colleagues
Looks like Jidenna has himself a winner with Rosalyn!