Yesterday The Lagos State Commissioner of Police – Imohimi Edgal, gave a press conference to update the public on the ongoing investigation of the alleged involvement of pop star Davido’s in the disposal of the dead body of his friend Tagbo Umeika.
You may recall that last week former actress Caroline Danjuma accused Davido of being involved in the disposal of her boyfriend Tagbo Umeike‘s body at the General Hospital.
And just 3 days after Tagbo’s death two associates of Davido also died under mysterious circumstances – 24 year old DJ Olu (Olugbemiga Abiodun) and 23 year old Chime Amechina were both found dead in a car in the affluent Banana Island area of Lagos.
READ: Caroline Danjuma Number 1 Trending On Google! Davido FINALLY Responds To Tagbo Death Allegations
DJ Olu had been Davido’s DJ for about 3 years and a director at Heyden Petroluem, the 24 year old was the son of billionaire oil & gas business man & Ogun State politician – Dapo Abiodun, the CEO of Heyden Petroleum.
Olu and Chime were childhood friend who had attended the same primary school in Ibadan.
Yesterday police in Lagos confirmed Davido was re-invited for interrogation over the death of his friend Tagbo Umeike. The police say that preliminary investigation shows Tagbo’s dead body was taken to the hospital on Davido’s instruction.
Following the police media briefing here is what we know about Davido’s alleged involvement in disposing Tagbo’s body as well as the deaths of DJ Olu & Chime.
- Davido was at the Command’s headquarters yesterday October 11, in the company of his lawyer.
- From Command HQ, the pop singer was then moved to Lion Building in Lagos Island at about 5p.m. for further questioning.
- On October 3, Tagbo Umeike, met and had drinks with Davido and other friends at Shisha Bar. The bar attendant confirmed that Tagbo had 40 shots of Tequila and exhibited clear signs of drunkenness. Police also said, “CCTV showed that the deceased was quarrelsome and violent in that meeting.”
- In his original statement Davido told police he left Shisha Bar without Tagbo, and proceeded to DNA Night Club and that he was informed of Tagbo’s death at the club.
- According to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police Davido lied about not knowing how Tagbo’s body got to the General Hospital. Edgar said, “Police investigation revealed that Davido’s white Toyota Hilux escort driver, Tunde Usutu, accompanied by one Agbeje Olaoye and one Idris Busari, both Davido’s friends, took the deceased to the General Hospital and abandoned him in his vehicle on the instruction of Davido. The CCTV footage at the hospital picked the escort vehicle and the entire activity. The vehicle was recovered from Davido’s residence at 7, Awoshika Street, Lekki Phase 1. This completely debunks Davido’s claim that he did not know how the deceased got to the General Hospital.”
- DJ Olu & Chime were found dead in a BMW saloon car, in the underground car park of Flat Bill, Ocean Parade, Banana Island, Lagos on October 7. This was the registered residence of both parties. Police say on investigation of the vehicle wrapped substances suspected to be hard drugs were found. The substances have been sent for analysis.
- The two cases are being brought in the puclic domain because of interest in the cases on social media and the general media.
- Final autopsies are being concluded.
- DJ Olu was today laid to rest. Davido, his manager Asa Asika, Special Spesh, B-Red and other associates attended the funeral service which held at the Emmanuel Chapel, 405 Close, Banana Island, Lagos. He was later buried at the Ikoyi Vaults and Gardens.
Tragic! May the souls of the deceased rest in peace and may God comfort the family and loved ones they leave behind.